We Respect YOUR Privacy!
We take your privacy seriously. Learn more below.
Lower Mainland Local Government Association is herein referred to as LMLGA.
What Information Do We Collect?
How Is This Used?
3rd Party Cookies
Embedded content from other providers may track your interaction with our content. For example, if we embed a video form YouTube Google will track your interaction. Similarly a click on a social “share” button will result in a third party tracking that activity – such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ etc. Unfortunately, there is no way around this if you wish to share content socially, or interact with content we have embedded form a 3rd-party.
You can set your browser preferences to reject all cookies but then you may not be able to participate in most customized services, and you may be required to repeatedly log in to participate in various services, promotions, or product offerings.
‘How To Geek’ has a good description on how to block cookies in a variety of browsers.
LMLGA may also collect IP addresses for the purposes of systems administration or to report information in aggregate form to our advertisers (e.g. how many visitors logged in to a CFO site). An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you use the Internet. When you visit a particular LMLGA.ca web page, our servers log your IP address. Your IP address is not linked to anything personally identifiable.
We use Google Analytics on this website to track visitor traffic. We have added IP Anonymization to our Google Analytics setup via Google Tag Manager. This setting anonymizes the IP address by removing the last octet of the IP address (your IP becomes 184.108.40.206 — where the last portion/octet is replaced with a ‘0’). This will happen before storage and processing begins. While we do not work directly with businesses in the EU or Switzerland we have done this to address GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for visitors to our website from the EU and Switzerland.
Email Subscription, Surveys, Etc.
This includes our newsletter subscribers, those who answer our surveys, and those who fill out our questionnaires:
- We will never sell or rent our mailing lists to third parties for e-mail marketing or any other purpose. However, we may advertise in our email publications;
- We respect the purpose for which our site visitors gave us information;
- We send our periodicals only to those who request them. Sometimes people subscribe for their friends, and while we cannot prevent that, we offer information to these subscribers how to easily unsubscribe if requested (see below);
- We keep our subscription lists as clean as possible to prevent obsolete e-mails to take unnecessary bandwidth.
You can withdraw your consent in whole or in part at any time as follows:
- Click the “Unsubscribe” link contained in every email sent out.
You can also send us a message requesting to unsubscribe by contacting us via these options:
- Contact us by post mail at P.O. Box 729, Pemberton, BC, Canada V0N 2L0
- Email us at sstory(at)lmlga(dot)ca
- Call Shannon Story, Executive Director, in Canada at 1 (604) 698-5753
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?